We also made a quick "look-see" stop at Bogle Vineyards near Clarksburg. It was a beautiful drive along a one lane levee road to get there. It is a squeeze, but it is possible to pass another vehicle without falling off the levee, at least in some places.
Harvest is ready near Courtland, famous for their many varieties of Barlette Pears. In fact, they are getting ready for their Pear Festival on Sunday. Wonder what they have all those straw bales for? Below are a couple of old buildings in Courtland.
About 10 more miles down 160 along the river is the town of Isleton. One of these days we will go back and enjoy crawdads at Isleton Joe's. I've always enjoyed this landmark building. This odd metal building below is also in Isleton. Well, I guess there is wood under the metal siding. It is showing through and worn out. Pigeons nest there.
Below is the Bing Kong Tong Society Building, Isleton, CA - Rebuilt in 1927 after a fire in 1926, the building served as a Chinese center for religious and social activities.

I think we were on the west side of the river when we looked across the water to this shaded resort.

Another side of Locke - this time from the river. I think this marina was actually the first building in Locke. It is very, very long.



The garden is at The Grand Island Mansion. We'll go back later when the dog isn't with us. The gardens are obviously used for weddings.
I've always enjoyed seeing this market from the west side of the river.

Bella got out for her third walk as we parked at this fishing and boat launch park near Clarksburg on our way back home.

I always have to take pictures of the Mistletoe growing in trees. I had never seen that until moving this area of California.
I think we were on the west side of the river when we looked across the water to this shaded resort.
Another side of Locke - this time from the river. I think this marina was actually the first building in Locke. It is very, very long.
There are some pictures of Grand Island following. Notice the huge Eucalyptus trees. You know the US Government thinks trees don't belong on the water side of levees. This time I am rooting for the environmentalists! The trees are what make the levees so pleasant for driving and for fishing along.
The garden is at The Grand Island Mansion. We'll go back later when the dog isn't with us. The gardens are obviously used for weddings.
A few minutes drive down the road we took a peek at Hartland Nursery who supposedly offer Ecotours of the Delta on Saturdays. Yes, we'll need another trip back to this area.
I've always enjoyed seeing this market from the west side of the river.
Bella got out for her third walk as we parked at this fishing and boat launch park near Clarksburg on our way back home.
I always have to take pictures of the Mistletoe growing in trees. I had never seen that until moving this area of California.
That's it! We're home resting now.
No comments:
Post a Comment