When we were kids, my brother and I used to tromp through the woods singing, "Born on a mountain top in Tennessee. Greenest state in the land of the free..." We were all dressed up in our Davey Crockett gear. Only problem I had with all that fantasy was that I never got a coon skin cap like my brother did. I had a tee-shirt and a powder horn. On our way to South Lake Tahoe today, Dan and I stopped in a country store and look what I found! It's about 55 years late and I wouldn't dare walk around any of our parks singing with it on my head, but I'm still having fun being a kid at heart.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Finally Got My Coon Skin Cap
When we were kids, my brother and I used to tromp through the woods singing, "Born on a mountain top in Tennessee. Greenest state in the land of the free..." We were all dressed up in our Davey Crockett gear. Only problem I had with all that fantasy was that I never got a coon skin cap like my brother did. I had a tee-shirt and a powder horn. On our way to South Lake Tahoe today, Dan and I stopped in a country store and look what I found! It's about 55 years late and I wouldn't dare walk around any of our parks singing with it on my head, but I'm still having fun being a kid at heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment