"Nantucket Dinghy" - sketched January 14, 2009
Actually, this dinghy could have been from anywhere, but the reference photo was taken at Nantucket. Wish I had a dinghy like this one to use for exercise.
"Sacramento's Best" - sketched January 15, 2009
There's a little ice cream shop in Sacto that serves up wonderful sundays. The markings on the brown background in this sketch are meant to represent graffiti on the old wooden booth back. I love food and love photographing and sketching well presented food.
"It Kept the Honest Ones Out" - sketched January 12, 2009
This sketch was in response to a "sketch tag" challenge by a friend. The simplicity of the old key reminded me of an expression about locks, "They keep the honest one's out." I wouldn't feel too secure with a lock that used such a simple key.
"Light's On!" - sketched January 3, 2009
We were traveling at the beginning of the new year and I got up early to sketch in our motel room. I had been thinking of an artist who frequently paints scenes under lamp light or street lamp light. Thought I would give it a try while the room was still dark.
No comments:
Post a Comment