Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stevenson "Graffiti" Bridge

















My art buddy, Rebecca, and I have been doing Wednesday art outings. We always intend to sketch or paint while we are out, but we never do. We are both shutter bugs, and I guess that is art too. Following our Arboretum hike today, we ate at a wonderful Shushi bar, and then drove out to another well known Davis area site: the Stevenson Bridge. I hope this won't shock anybody, but this is one place where it is fun to see graffiti. It is an old bridge (getting weaker from heavy vehicles) on Stevenson Road west of Davis. Through the years it has been covered with graffiti. Much of the paint on the upper part of the bridge is worn away with age. Under the bridge, the trolls have been having great fun. Pictures are shown above. Twice while we were there some very wide farm vehicles crossed the bridge without slowing to blink. We were on the bridge when one of them approached and you should have seen us run. The farm equipment was nearly as wide as the bridge!

No comments: