Ink on Ampersand's Claybord
5" x 7"
March 28, 2010
4" x 4" India Ink on Claybord
March 28, 2010
I just learned that Ampersand spells clayboard like this, "Claybord." Today's lesson was on scratch board taught by Ann Ranlett in Newcastle, CA. We usually think of scratch board as being scratched into an ink covered board. Here, we applied the ink where we wanted it to go.
2 comments:
Thanks for taking my class and sharing your work here, Barbara. Your drawings look great and I'm glad you enjoyed working with the Claybord. I hope to see you in one of my Yupo classes too. I see you've already tried it and understand the "swimmy" effect.
-Ann
Ann, you won't believe what I just did on Yupo. I re-read the instructions for Saturday's self-portrait contest and didn't see ink listed as an accepted medium. I just made another self-portrait on Yupo with liquid watercolor that looks almost the same as the scratchboard portrait. I was even able to scratch it - but didn't do so very much. I used a fan brush for much of the texture. When it dried, I varnished it. Amazing.
Post a Comment