Saturday, March 20, 2010
Slaven Ranch - Yolo Art & Ag Farm Visit
This month's Yolo County Art and Ag Farm Tour was at Slaven Ranch in Zamora. It is a sheep farm nestled in the beautiful green (this season) Dunnigan Hills. The pictures below were taken today, but I have more to share from Thursdays farm visit. Yes, I signed up for both days. I enjoy these farm visits so much that I can hardly wait for the next one each month. I love "tromping" around on the farms to take pictures much more than I enjoy plein air painting. I did do a little painting today, but gave up before finishing. The lure of changing scenery as sheep and chickens roamed about the farm drew me away to take pictures. An added treat was bicycle races going on at the same time. Neither group realized the other was meeting today. It seemed like thousands of bikers riding in groups of 100 or so. I do think it just appeared to be so many. It was probably 2 or 3 groups of 100 (plus or minus) cycling around a course of about 11 miles (I heard). Exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment