16" x 20" Acrylic on Canvas Panel
March 28, 2009
In Color Theory class, the assignment was to paint 16 colors in a single value. The border was to be the same value. This is not easy! Chroma makes a big impact on the way the values look. Change one value and another one looks different. I think this turned out pretty good, but a black and white image of it should tell the story. Theoretically, the colors should all be the same value and therefore, the same shade of gray. The next image shows that I was off a bit - but I still think it is pretty close, considering all the variables.
In Color Theory class, the assignment was to paint 16 colors in a single value. The border was to be the same value. This is not easy! Chroma makes a big impact on the way the values look. Change one value and another one looks different. I think this turned out pretty good, but a black and white image of it should tell the story. Theoretically, the colors should all be the same value and therefore, the same shade of gray. The next image shows that I was off a bit - but I still think it is pretty close, considering all the variables.

1 comment:
That is SUCH A HARD exercise. Well done,though.
Seeing past chroma is the hardest part.
Post a Comment