Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Simple Life

June 15 and 16, 2009 - we traveled through the Amish Quilt Gardens and throughout the Elkhart, Napanee, Goshen, Shipshewana, Topeka areas and more to observe the simple country lives of the Amish people who live there. Our initial goal was to see the many Amish Quilt Gardens planted for tourists, but we also did a lot of sightseeing. Of course we couldn't miss eating Amish country cooking. This time we bypassed the larger, better known restaurants and found a little Country cooking buffet in the heart of Napanee. Sorry I don't remember the name, but I know how to get there next time! It was great.














Ornamented sign at The Old Bag Factory in Goshen













Round Barn in Napanee























New buggies near Topeka

















Buggy parking lot at the Topeka, Indiana Livestock Auction










Amish buggy sharing the road with other vehicles.








The Amish people don't like to have their pictures taken, so I don't have many people pictures.



Quilt Garden at The Old Bag Factory in Goshen











Quilt Garden at Menno-Hof near Shipshewana






















Monday is wash day - but so is Tuesday.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get a group together to see these this year. I told Mom and Beth about them too. Thanks for posting these pictures, I can't wait to go. Ellen